Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Santa came, the highlights, 2011.

It was such a sweet, sweet holiday. Mr. Gherkin and I read chapter 2 of Luke together (from my new Bible, I must add) on Christmas morning, and I can say that celebrating the birth of Christ takes on a whole new meaning when you have a child (or at least it did for me ).  It meant so much more this year. I found myself thinking about Mary often and how she must have felt all those years ago.


Plus, Christmas lived through the eyes of a child is pretty exciting.

Preston got a battery-operated backhoe from his grandpa. I was thinking that he didn't know what to do it with. I was wrong! We were all chasing after him at one point.

His great grandparents gave him a pretty cool piano that his mommy can't stop playing with.

Santa came and brought: a ball pit with 200 balls (ask me how I know), a Tickle Monster kit, Elf on the Shelf to visit Preston when he gets older, and some nice new kicks.
This walker toy pictured above was one of Preston's favorite gifts.  (thanks, Aunt Lauren).
My most favorite thing Santa left, though, was this Willow Tree keepsake for Preston called Heart of Gold. LOVE.
 
It took him hours to calm down from all the excitement.  Hours, I tell ya.  I think it was 10:30 before he finally conked out for the night and that was in bed with me. His crib just wasn't in his game plan for Christmas.

11 comments:

♥Jess said...

Beautiful Post! Looks like the three of you had a wonderful Christmas, especially P!

Love the 'Heart of Gold' Willow tree keepsake, I've never seen that one before!

Leah said...

So sweet, looks like a wonderful holiday!

Missy said...

First off...that just may be my favorite picture of the three of you!

Love you guys!! Happy New Year!

Libby's Life said...

We got one of the 200 ball, ball pits too! We haven't set it up yet because we are trying to figure out where to put all the hundreds of things my boy got for Christmas but I am not looking forward to having to pick up those balls every day!

Jessi said...

Looks like an awesome Christmas! Happy New Year!!

Paige said...

Looks like an amazing Christmas for him! That ball pit, backhoe and the Heart of Gold keepsake are all so precious.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What a great first Christmas!! Love the family photo! And is T always in a fleece vest?!?! I'm not hating ... I'm pretty much always seen in yoga pants, so I totally understand! Ha!

Ben and Katie said...

Aww love your lil family!
Merry (late) Christmas!

Happiness Is... said...

Looks like a wonderful first Christmas. He is so sweet!

Stefenie said...

I have the same exact willow tree figurine. One of my most treasured posessions.....after my children. LOL!! I loved the pics and am so glad that you had a wonderful first Christmas as a family!!

Breann said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful day! Next year for us, I hope...