Friday, January 27, 2012

a guest post from a special someone


My cousin, Lexie, is in the 2nd grade and raising money for the American Heart Association's Hoops for Hearts as part of a school project.  She's asking for donations (she's not shy at all. Not one bit. See video below) in honor of Preston and in hopes of helping other children and/or adults with heart disease. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
So here's Lexie (oh, and she's the cute patootie carrying Preston here) ...


Here is Lexie's page for the AHA Hoops for Hearts.  I know she'll appreciate any amount of a donation.  One dollar can go a long way and it's for a terrific cause.  Donations will be accepted until February 8th.  Thank you :)

I love that her school is teaching her about community service, about being healthy and active, and about the social skills needed to effectively communicate and raise money for a cause that she feels strongly about.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm over at Libby's Life today joining in on her series of featured bloggers.  I wrote the answers to Libby's questions back during the holidays (hence the Frasier Fir and peppermint mocha talk), and I'll be honest it kind of made me crave the holiday season already. Thanks for having me, Libby.  You can see the post here.

4 comments:

melanie said...

your blog is adorable :)

Missy said...

How precious is she? And that east TX accent gets me everytime!
We will definately be visiting her page to make a donation!!

Libby's Life said...

You are welcome! I'm so glad you joined in. :)

Kristin said...

that is melanie.