Monday, January 16, 2012

the party.

 Loved the simplicity of this invitation from Tiny Prints

DIY burlap baseball door hanger.
  I've been eyeing these in boutiques all over town, but they ain't cheap.  So I bought some cheap burlap at Hobby Lobby (love their 50% off coupons), cut two round pieces of burlap, painted it with Elmer's glue (because it makes it stiff), stuffed it with white tissue paper (for a slightly rounded look like an actual baseball), sewed the two pieces of burlap together at the edges with white thread, painted the red stitching, and hung it on the front door with a blue ribbon.  Easy peasy! And it cost less than 6 bucks to make.

Of course I already showed y'all the baseball cake that was so good even the dog had to taste... we also had cupcakes that matched the cake.  Carrie from Carrie Made The Cake made both.  Her cookies and cream filling, which was what the cake was filled with, is heavenly. The cupcakes were white with buttercream. They were good, but nothing comes close to her cookies and cream. If you're in the Houston area I highly recommend Carrie.


DIY bunting banner I made.
 Thanks to my brother for gathering up all of his old baseballs from his younger days. I threw them in vases and in some faux grass I had around the house for decor.


I am in love with Preston's baseball shirt. Crazy that it was the first weekend in January and he was in shorts, huh?  The weather was perfect.  Mid-70s, low humidity, sunshine, nice breeze.  I was in flip flops.

thank you Kristy for letting us borrow your prop :)
Starting in November I was on a mission to find the cheapest 36" balloons I could find because I'm kind of in love with them. I think they're super fun. Anyhow, Darlybird had a 25% off at the time with a low shipping cost so I ordered a red and a blue. We also used the red for Preston's birthday pictures which can be seen here. I took them to a party warehouse to be blown up the day of. Did you know that they can clip balloons instead of knotting them so that you can reuse them?  I had no idea.  Anyhow, we popped the clip off the next day and I can reuse them whenever I want.  Brillant!

I use blue card stock, red and blue twine, and stickers from Hobby Lobby (again with 50% off) to make bunting that said Rookie of the Year for his high chair.  Less than five bucks... took less than 20 minutes and most of that was heating up the hot glue gun.

I completely forgot to take pictures of the "concession stand" and the food.  I now realize I miss a few other things, too.  I must have become a bit discombobulated after the dog ate the cake. Kristy came and took pictures, too. Maybe she got some of the food and whatnot that I missed.

invites: Tiny Prints
cake and cupcakes: Carrie Made The Cake
36" balloons:  Darlybird
banners, buntings, and door hanger: DIY and free printables from here.
Preston's birthday shirt:  SheSheMade (the quality is terrific).
tall birthday candles (LOVE these)here  

15 comments:

Danielle said...

All of the details look wonderful! I especially love the baseball door hanging!

Missy said...

Everything is absolutely precious! Especially the birthday boy!!

kristyo15 said...

Have no fear...I have them. :) now I need to get my act together and get them to you.

Leah said...

Love everything you put together! Preston looks adorable in his shirt!

♥Jess said...

Oh Me Gah! I love love love EVERYTHING about your party decor. You did GREAT Tiffanie! Preston's attire = perfection! I think I finally figured out why he looks so different to me everytime you post pictures of him... his hair!
It's growing like craZy! Love it! He is just the cutest little one year old rookie, EVER!

Great party!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

You didn't miss a beat! Love it all :)

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Preston! Great job momma! It looked like a huge success! :) I love everything you put together.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you did such a good job!!! i want a boy now just to do a sports themed party like this!!

Happiness Is... said...

It all came out so well!

Anonymous said...

I was at Big Lots sunday and they have an Easter basket like the baseball and I thought of you.

Aliya said...

LOVE this post!!! My son's birthday isn't until May but I've already started planning his Baseball party!! Just found your blog... new follower! :)

Mrs. Mama said...

amazing job! its beautiful!

Jeremy and Megan said...

What a cute birthday party theme!! LOVE all of the details!! :)

Chas said...

Adorable party decor! Thanks for sharing.

Alle Lee said...

Where did you find the glass vases you used on the mantel for the birthday party? I've been looking for some to put baseballs in but they're all either too big or too little. Thanks! Super cute party by the way11