Tuesday, January 17, 2012

there's no place like home.


This is my favorite picture from a year ago today.

It says Team Preston goes home. 1-17-11. 


You can see my Type A (ugghhh) personality all over that board with my crazy to-do list, but what I love about this picture is that I was lucky enough to bring my baby home from the hospital.  I seriously wondered if that day would happen.  I can never ever begin to explain the way I felt that day.  There are no words for the joy.  At the same time, though, my heart ached and still aches for mommies that didn't or can't bring their babies home from the hospital.

My "let's remember/recap from a year ago" posts are done after this, but thanks for letting me share those memories with you.

I remembering committing to the Lord in prayer while I was pregnant that I would forever share and tell of Preston's testimony should his will allow for Preston to be ok. Well, I got to bring my baby home so I'm holding up my end of the deal. Thanks for letting me share and keep that commitment.


7 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

I just got goosebumps reading this. What a great pic and great recap. I bet having him come home was the best feeling in the world. Isnt God amazing?!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I love reading these recaps! I didn't know you as well as I know you now, but I was chuggin' along right beside (a few hundred miles away) you!

It's so amazing to see this miracle God performed. Preston is so very loved and I can't wait to continue watching him grow!

Stefenie said...

It's amazing when you get to that "one year looking back" moment. It's a humbling feeling to know that you have just survived so much and beaten the odds. {{{HUG}}}

♥Jess said...

Prestons story moved me from day one. I found your blog when Aly posted his button & introduced her blog friends to you & P's story. Since then, I've pretty much read all your posts. Talk or type all you want about everything you went through a year ago. We love reading it.

Missy said...

I will always remember him going home on the 17th, bc its Waynes bday!
What a wonderful day it was!!

Kiss that little man for me!!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

woohoo! again God is sooo good...


I remember feeling such joy after i got to leave the nicu with my oldest....but i was also scared ...i kept thinking....i'm not sure i can do all of this w/o y'all (the awesome nurses) it was gonna be me w/o them at home doing all the work and i was scared crazy crazy haha

obviously it worked out great (grins)

Lori said...

Absolutely!!!!!

Do you know...that when I was pregnant with Matthew, I remember promising God that should anything happen, I'd try to be one of 'those' women...you know...who rejoiced in ALL things, and were amazing testimonies even when I could not BELIEVE they could still worship Him. I told Him that I knew Matthew was His, and that I'd give him to Him.

NEVER believing for a second that'd EVER be us.

And He called me on it. So, like you...I try to hold up my end of the deal. It's been hard. As you well know. But I think He honors our effort...and I know He's rewarded our faith in amazing, amazing ways (Ummmm...Luke?! Preston?!)

What a sweet post!!!
xo