Tuesday, January 24, 2012

what's on my mind: everything. ha!


How 'bout a random mix of feelings?  Ready for this?

Studying for my boards made me want to go back to school. Sort of.  Maybe a little bit.  Because eight years just isn't enough.  It won't happen... just a thought.

 I can not even fathom how my fellow PA (physician assistant) friends conquered PA school with kids.  Studying for one test was hard enough with one kid, and some of you guys did it for 2.5 years and too many tests to count with one or more kiddos.  How? 

Hubby is taking a class this semester.  I'm kind of jealous, but I look forward to Wednesday night dates with just me and my little guy.

I recently saw this, and I love it. So very true.

I also read this, and I get it. I totally get what she's saying.

Preston's one now (just in case you missed it. ha!) I've transitioned him to whole milk.  No biggie!  Now I need to get him off that bottle, or so they say.  I haven't yet.  Letting go of that bottle is so hard for me.  I guess in my mind no more bottle = no more baby.  Tear.  I guess this week, though, I'll adorn my big girl panties, take away his bottle, grab my bottle (of vino), and just deal.

On Saturday evening my sister got married.  She was stunning.  Preston was the ring bearer.  The ring bearer who wouldn't walk down the aisle.  I was her matron of honor.  In addition to watching my sister say her vows and be happier than I've ever seen her, I enjoyed being pampered the morning of.  My make-up was airbrushed on. I will definitely do this again.  I got my hair did ... you know the good ol' east Texas style way...  big and teased.  You gals from east Texas know what I'm talking about, right?
the big hair, the beautiful bride, the ring bearer & adorable flower girl.
I mentioned above that I joined my sister and the other bridesmaids and had my make-up airbrushed on that morning.  I will definitely do that again if I ever get the chance.  At first I was skeptical, but let me tell you my make-up still looked flawless at the end of the night.

I will, however, never get a spray tan again.  Ugh, gross!  For starters, the orange bronzer did not match my olive skin tone at all. I was orange. I had streaks.  It smelled bad.  I couldn't shower for 8 hours afterwards and did I mention that it smelled bad! Oh, and the chick that did my spray tan left me standing there, naked, in a cold room, for 15 minutes while she (and I quote) "ran home to check on her son."  True story. No tip for her.  Zip, zero, nada.


Guess that's just about enough rambling on my part, but don't forget the product of the week link up on Thursday.  I had so much fun reading the links from last week so did my wallet.  Adios.

9 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

Good luck studying and going back to school. Girl you have a lot on your plate but you can do it!

Your sister looks so pretty. I love pics of brides :)

See, I loved my spray tans. I get them all the time. And yes it does smell bad. I can smell it for days after.

Hope you have a great rest of the week and cant wait for Product of the Week on Thursday :)

Jessi said...

Re:Bottles and Sippy Cups - We're going at it slowly. My pediatrician said that by 15 month appointment - no bottles. So, month 1 we dropped two daytime bottles. For a couple weeks he just ate more, but now he's drinking it from a Sippy cup. This month we'll work on the morning bottle. Next month the night time bottle and hopefully by the 15 month appointment, we'll get it done! Good Luck!
I can't believe our boys are growing so quickly!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh so many things to say but I'll whittle it down.

Totally understand your dreams of going back to school. I think of it often and how I wish I could go to law school. I miss studying? How is that possible?? But I can't imagine doing it now with the twins... maybe one day...

Airbrush makeup is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I had it done for the first time for my brother's wedding and it was incredible. Perfect make up after 10 hours of partying?? I'll take it.

Lastly, don't put too much pressure on yourself about bottles to sippy cups. I totally freaked about getting them off bottles as quickly as possible and put way too much pressure on myself and them. My pedi said as long as it happens by 15 months as a goal, then it's all good. Just slowly drop one every week or so and then you'll be done. On the plus side, no more washing bottles! Sippy cups can be much easier. With all those parts, straight into the dishwasher :)

Jules said...

Oh my goodness.... I can't believe she left you there to go check on her son!! I'm scared to ask where this was!!
When B stopped using bottles, I was sad too. But, it's sooo nice not having to wash all the parts each night. We bought a million sippy cups to see which one he liked best!
I love the pics of Preston at the wedding. Such a little cutie :)

Tweety said...

Hey, My son will be a year old in 3weeks (yikes!) and I have been planning on introducing a sippy cup for one of his feedings as well. I tried giving him milk in a sippy cup a few weeks ago and he threw it on the floor. He associates milk only in his bottles. Any tips or tricks would be welcome for sure :). Good luck!

Kelsey said...

you look beautiful standing next to your siste and your sister looks amazing as well!

Happiness Is... said...

I did airbrush for my wedding and loved it!

AmandaDF said...

Woah! She left in the middle!?!?! Some people are so ridiculous!

Your sister was a beautiful bride and you were a beautiful bridesmaid! And P is as adorable as always!

Missy said...

We are no bottles for the past two days and he seems to be doing good. Sad mommy though! You looks beautiful at the wedding and so did your sis! Brashear genes are good! P looked precious!!