Wednesday, February 22, 2012

lent.

For the first time ever (southern baptist now turned methodist, but loving the Lord and that's what matters, right?), I'm participating in lent.

Really considered giving up chocolate or sweets, but honestly that'd be easy for me (I'd just turn to chips).  Thought about giving up chips and chocolate, but I'd likely fail miserably.

Saw this on one of my favorite blogs and knew immediately this would be my act of penitence for lent.  Giving of my time to ... kneel more. You can read more about it the 7:14 experiment here.

The praying part will not be new as I spend time in prayer most mornings, but not on my knees.  I love what Mark had to say about humbling ourselves on our knees...  "there is nothing magical about kneeling, but there is something biblical about it. I've found that my heart posture often mirrors my physical posture."  Love that last part. 

via

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

6 comments:

Lori said...

Love this. And though one of the things I've always said was great about being Southern Baptist is that I didn't have to give anything up, ha ha, I think that this is a great idea. I'm joining you!!!!!!
xo

Nancy W said...

Love it Tiffanie, thanks so much for sharing! I've been stalking you but have been terrible at leaving comments. This time I had to stop and say hello and say that I love what you have chosen for lent! Hugs from Conroe, TX

The Pink Growl said...

Good for you! That's a perfect Lent solution. I'm a Baptist, so I don't practice Lent but I'm seeing more ideas like this this year instead of "i'm giving up coke".

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

This is a great idea. I should have picked that instead giving up desserts. Argh....I miss them and it's only day 2!

maria said...

I LOVE your Jesus eggs! happy to be joining you in the experiment!!!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Love these Easter eggs--what a great centerpiece idea to put out Easter Sunday.

Hope you are having a fruitful and peaceful time in prayer!