Monday, February 13, 2012

toys, toys, and more toys.


Preston received quite a few outside-friendly toys at his birthday party.
As much as I love the baseball stuff he received, I can just see a baseball bat causing quite a bit of chaos inside our home. 
So, we made him an outdoor toy box.
He LOVES it.  He knows already that his toys are in there.
 With the unseasonably warm weather we've had in January and February we've spent quite a bit of time outdoors.  Plus it's so easy to play outside now that he prefers to be on two feet instead of all fours. 

Back to that toy box:
it's just a large rubbermaid tub with lid that I spray painted with chalkboard paint (only time will tell how well the paint stays on, so far so good, but if I could do it over again I would use a plastic primer before adding the chalkboard paint. Hindsight's always 20/20.)



5 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

What a cute idea!!!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

haha we have 'those' kind of toys too!!!

Lisa Johnson said...

What a great idea! I am doing that asap! Thanks for sharing. :)

Amber said...

Love it! Did you spray the whole box? Does the black paint get everywhere?

Lori said...

LOVE!

And love sneaking in smocking!!! You crack me up because that is TOTALLY our house! Little does dad know I have outfits that go to 4T! (Then I guess I'll have to give it up.) Or will I?!