Friday, March 30, 2012

my baby has extensions.


Sooo I've mentioned on here that Preston's lovie has always been and remains to be hair. My hair. Our nanny's hair. Now he's resorted to pulling his hair if mine or Rosa's isn't available.

If/when he wakes up at night, he'll take his pacifier but, dang it, he wants some hair. 

Soooo I got my baby some extensions. 
Don't judge me.  Better than him pulling all of his hair (or mine) out, right?

My sister, who's a stylist, gave us a couple strands of extensions (at my request).

The boy's not dumb.  He knows the difference between the extensions and my hair when I'm rocking him to sleep, but once he's out he either doesn't recognize or doesn't mind.

When he tried to wake up at 5 a.m. the week of spring forward, I snuck an extension in his hand and he slept until 7:30 a.m.  Hallelujah!

He'll no doubt kill me for this post when he's older. I apologize in advance, little buddy. 

13 comments:

Missy said...

That is so funny!!! Love that little man!

Crystal Renee said...

Hahaha! Sorry, I had to laugh. Great job improvising!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

I AM DYING LAUGHING

not only b/c this is funny but b/c this is sooo me

LILY has always had to tangle my hair...not hubs...not sissy...BUT MINE. during my hair falling out stage (post baby) i lose tons of hair....she made it worse.....she to this day still needs to touch my hair....

i think i blogged about how she would say to me..."Mommy take ur hair off...I need to hold it"

i would wake up with tangles all in my hair b/c of her....i can't cut it short b/c she needs something to hold on to.

hubs was gonna buy a wig to give her at night...i tried giving her her baby doll with long hair...but she knew the difference. thankfully reid doesn't follow in her footsteps! haha

glad to know we're not alone...and glad to know the extensions worked for you

Amber said...

That's so funny! You will tell his high school girlfriends this story!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

WHAT?!?!? Haha!!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Hysterical! That is too much! I'm cracking up over here but know in my own head that I'd do the same thing. Momma's got to get some sleep (and keep her hair!)

In this wonderful life... said...

bahahahahahaha!!

I think I'll be doing this in the future!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

This just made me laugh hysterically!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh I so needed a smile this morning!!! That's freaking hilarious!!!!!

♥Jess said...

This is hystical♥ Seriously, the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Xo, Jess

♥Jess said...

This is hystical♥ Seriously, the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Xo, Jess

Queen Bee said...

This is HI-larious!! Love it:))

Dianna said...

That is really funny but also kind creepy! Ha!