Thursday, March 1, 2012

product of the week: my new favorite candle splurge


I've read and read about these candles for years.  I said I would never spend this much money for a candle, but one day (after a bonus check at work) I caved at Kuhl-Linscomb.  Retail therapy is the best therapy, right?  Anyhow, I hear the whole line of candles are pretty great (umm, Saks puts a limit on how many a costumer can purchase at a time), but this one is now my new favorite candle.
Diptyque Baies Candle
Definitely not a frugal buy, but you'll get over it when your entire house smells so good.

I plan to use the glass for something like this when the wax is gone.
via
Have a favorite splurge or heck, even a frugal find, you love?  Please link-up and share. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

♥Jess said...

I'm a candle junkie.
Here's something to know about candles, especially when you spend a lot of money on them:

When you want to put the flame out DO NOT blow it out and DO NOT smother it with the top - simply take the melted wax & and drip it over the wic. What make this better? Your candle will NEVER lose it's smell. For years, I always wonderful why my candles quit smelling after about half way of being used... yeah, well I always blew out my flame. It's true - Your scent of your candles will last to the end if you simply drip the wax over the wic to put out your flame!

Then End! Happy Thursday! XoXo

Katie said...

love this! Finally linked up with you and Aly for this. xoxo

Katie

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

haha i liked the "you'll get over it when your whole house smells good"

Kristin said...

I love their candles too...

Be careful, the room spray is just as good!