Thursday, March 8, 2012

product of the week: ZZ plant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No green thumb?  Well, no worries.  Me neither. 

 No, seriously. I've killed every house plant I've ever purchased.  There was this one philodendron I had a good run with.  I even named her.  We called her Edna.  Then we moved.  Sadly, Edna did not survive the move. 

I wrote off fancy houseplants until I discovered ZZ plants at our local Ikea a couple of years ago. ZZ stands for Zamioculcas Zamiifolia (try saying that three times fast).


I bought my first close to three years ago. I now have three, and all are still alive and thriving. They're seriously hard to kill. Trust me. I read they can be poisonous to kiddos so I've made sure they are well out of P's reach for now.
There you go.  Go get yourself a ZZ plant. (Last I checked I remember them being healthy and less than $15 at Ikea).
---------------------------------------


What do you have for us this week.  Link up and tell us :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



5 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

I am going to have to check these out. I kill plants too!! I always forget to water them. Oops!

Alyssa said...

I'll be looking into this! My husband complains that I kill everything I plant!

And is that a bottle of Poo Pouri on your window sill?

Just Jennifer said...

Like the others, I too kill plants. Not on purpose, I promise. I will definitely make the trip and check these out. How I long for something beautimous to have in my home!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Well I'm sure I would kill it. I kill EVERYTHING!!!

Tamara said...

I need to get my non- green thumb to ikea