Sunday, March 11, 2012

project 365 {366}: wk 10


first up, happy spring forward!
We've been enjoying the smell of wildflowers on our walks each day and the lovely neon green coating of pollen on our cars and patio furniture.  hello allergies!
We took a quick trip to good ole East Texas to visit family last weekend.  Preston collected himself some Mardi Gras beads while his mom and dad had their first crawfish of the year at my brother in law's crawfish joint, the Boil-n-Go.  You should check it out if you're in the area. 
The neighbors blew up the neighborhood bouncy house... Preston is NOT a fan and I shattered my iPhone shortly after taking these pictures.   fun times!
I feel like a real woman now that I made my first recipe containing leeks. I made this and it was scrumptious. Did you know Friday was national crab meat day?  We had crabmeat... it was unintentional planning though.  It rained all weekend long.  I welcomed our much needed rain and was excited about breaking in our new rain gear (p.s. I bought a pair of children's Hunters for a fraction of the cost... a benefit of having small feet). Entertaining kids indoors while it's raining outdoors is well, um, interesting (ball pit above and see blow dryer picture below). 
My brother has me addicted to a new iphone game.  It's called Draw Something and it's a free app. I guess you could say it's an iphone version of pictionary.  Here's one of my, umm, drawings. 
blow-drying the food... it's the new thing to do.
Preston went to his first movie with his friends (him and her) on Saturday.

3 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

So how did he do at the movies? Did y'all make it through?

Yay for crawfish! We had our first batch a couple of weekends ago and loved it.

That dish looks amazing!

♥Jess said...

I'm obessed with DRAW SOMETHING - What's your username?

Tamara said...

The matching hunter's boots. too cute