Tuesday, April 3, 2012

a few of my favorite things: UK style.

It's been just over 2 years since my trip to London with the mister, and I've been craving all things UK lately.  Recaps of our trip here, here, here and here.

First up is sticky toffee pudding. I seriously don't shut up about this stuff.  Recently found some at British Isles here in Houston. Haven't tried it yet, but it's in my pantry for that one night when I just can't stop thinking about sticky toffee pudding.



Next up, McVitie's Digestives.  They're best dipped in coffee or hot tea.  Trust me on that. 



I'm may be a tad bit obsessed with Union Jack.
Don't mind the christmas tree trimmings,  but, see, my favorite souvenir from our trip to London sits in the background... my Union Jack pillow.

Even the little dude likes the Union Jack.

And since it's the week of Easter I'm kicking myself for not loading up on some Cadburys while at the British Isles last weekend.
via

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am sure you already know about this restaurant, but have you eaten at The Black Labrador on Montrose (in Houston)? I have never been to London before, but it is an English restaurant and the food is really good!

Missy said...

I have been talking about going to London alot recently. My cousin has lived over there for 8 years and just had a baby girl. Lets pack up and go!!! Me, you and the P's!!

Sara said...

Love this post, with an English husband all of these things are in our house as well! I have not found a great sticky toffee pudding here yet, so let me know if you do! The Queen Vic is a great place to grab some English fare, we love it, closest thing we have found to an English Gastro Pub! :)

Natalie said...

I love, love, LOVE the UK, too!! I've never tried that sticky toffee pudding before, but I'm going back to visit London in June, so I'll have to snag some then! (Where would one find sticky toffee pudding exactly??)