Wednesday, April 4, 2012

preston-isms: 15 months.



You make me laugh when ... 
- you make blowing noises with your nose after you hear me blowing my nose
-  Rosa and/or I say one, two and you proudly scream stree (aka three)
- you walk around with my hair dryer for hours at a time
- you do your new belly laugh
-you try so hard to eat ice but it just results in a muddy mess on the floor or ground


I try to keep from laughing when...
- you trip on said hair dryer's cord and get really, really mad at it
- you throw yourself down on the floor in a bit of a tantrum and then gently and slowly lay your head down to avoid hitting your head
-you're the class clown in SongPlay (I didn't even recognize my little boy last Sunday)
-when you walk right smack into the wall, door, or coffee table (you must've inherited Daddy's clumsiness) and look at me like it's my fault
- when you walk around, with finger pointed, saying "no, no, no" to Carter and Sam
-when you climb on the fireplace ledge ever so quietly thinking if you don't make noise then I won't see it


My heart melts when...
- you walk up to me, turn around, and sit down intentionally in my lap
-when you lean your head into my chest in the morning when you're still drowsy and trying to wake up
- you intentionally put your arms around my neck and hug me
-when your belly shakes during your belly laugh
- you mimic things your daddy does (he's pretty cool, isn't he?)
-you love me even though I get it wrong sometimes because I'm still trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.


Happy 15 months. 

8 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Such a sweet post and a great way to remember all of those little things that we are sure to forget one day in old age!

I just might have to try the hairdryer thing. That's too funny!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

awww sweet sweet boy!

he's a charmer for sure!

Crystal Renee said...

He is just so cute!!!

Jennifer said...

My little one does the same thing where he throws a fit, but gently lays his head down. They learn pretty quick after they hit it hard the first time. It does make you want to laugh and pull your hair out at the same time!

I'maNolaGirl said...

What a beautiful post! I intended to start something for our four month old, and I haven't yet. This post has convinced me that it's about time!

Shae said...

So sweet! Don't you just love little boys?! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

love this post. it so makes me want a little boy!!

Dianna said...

Such a sweet post! Preston is so cute!!