Thursday, April 26, 2012

product of the week: Burt's Bees Bug Bite

I'm a mad woman when it comes to mosquitos.  Haven't I mentioned that we have mosquitos the size of pterodactyls here?  I try and exhaust all possibilities when it comes to repelling mosquitos... Bounce fabric softener sheets, Off's Clip On mosquito repellent fans, peppermint oil, you name it I've tried it or will try it.  So please feel free to share if you've got some tricks up your sleeve on how to keep those suckers away from my child.

Despite my madness, Preston will inevitably end up with a mosquito bite here or there and he reacts so badly to them.  One got him on his cheek and that whole side of his face started swelling to the point it was hard to open his eye.  One got him on his hand and within two days his little fingers looked like sausages.

I saw this Burt's Bee Bug Bite Relief at Whole Foods and decided to give it a shot.  It works!  I put it on at the first sign of a mosquito bite and within hours it just looks like a small little pimple as opposed to swollen and red. It smells good, too. 

Get this, own this.  Most places sell it for less than seven bucks and a little goes a long way so it should last for a while.

Looking forward to reading about your products of the week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

Breann said...

I will grab some for sure! I have been using old fashioned calamine lotion and it helps too, especially with the itching.

Elizabeth Conaway said...

I need this for Ellen - remember her eye on Halloween! Have you treid the California Baby Bug Repellant? We are now using straight up Off (full strength with all the chemicals)but this stuff also works for us.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Baby-Citronella-Repellant-Spray/dp/B000GZNGN2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335449063&sr=8-2

Andie said...

We will be trying this out for sure! I get bad reactions to mosquito bites so I will have to give it a try!

to keep the bugs away, I've heard that spraying listerine on your patio, etc. keeps them at bay. I haven't tried it yet, though!

Emily @ ACanDoAttitude said...

Thanks for the tip. I hope they sell it at Target, I am heading there tonight.

The Bonjour Four said...

that's awesome!!! Noah is the same way. i will def have to get some of that. thank you!!

Alyssa said...

WoW! My Preston is so severely allergic to mosquitoes. His swell up to the size of chicken eggs and then fester... I will definitely be on the lookout for this stuff. It might not help too much with the actual reaction, but hopefully give him some relief from the itching.

We need to move out of the woods so maybe he can play outside without being completely covered!

Emma said...

Product of the year for sure :)!