Saturday, April 28, 2012

the zoo and a flashback.


We've hit up the Houston zoo the past couple of weekends. Before I get to the more recent pictures I couldn't help but pull up the pictures from his first ever zoo trip exactly one year ago.  Where did the time go?

Visiting the giraffes at the zoo, 3 months old, 2011.


Actually awake and running around at the giraffe site, 15 months, 2012.

Preston's petting zoo motto cracks me up ...  I'll touch you, but I'm not getting any closer than this.

Love this picture of the primates truly checking us out. 

Tickling match in the shade.

I love the rhinos.  Not sure Preston knew what to think.

Up close and personal with a chimp.
 

 And finally, we checked out the new dinosaur exhibit.  Coincidence that he happened to be wearing his dinosaur shirt :)



6 comments:

Lori said...

LOVE the tickling match pic!!!! SO sweet!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

We love the Houston zoo! And did I know you were a TX girl? I can't remember!

We need a Texas mom bloggers get together!

Missy said...

I am coming home and we are having a zoo date with you guys!!!

Tiffany said...

We love the Houston zoo! Maddox loves the elephants & giraffes :) Hoping to check out the new dinosaur exhibit soon!

Alice said...

How fun! We love the Zoo! My favorites are the polar bears and sea lions. Unfortunately the Tulsa Zoo is running out of animals or their exhibits are being worked on :(

my son wore that Dinosaur shirt for his 2nd birthday party which was a dinosaur (or as Colton says 'dine-dine') theme.

Dianna said...

Preston is so cute! Looks like you had a great time.