Friday, June 29, 2012

where Preston plays.


I would say where Preston sleeps but you know that sleeping is a sensitive subject around here. I haven't talked about it much on here because he mostly sleeps in our room at night and only naps in his room during the day.  Don't judge.  In January I waved my white flag and decided that Preston could sleep where Preston wanted to sleep because I needed to start sleeping again.  It was a brutal 12 months before my surrender.


 We've already converted Preston's bed to a toddler bed.  We thought he felt caged in and perhaps like he was in jail in his crib, and we felt that's why he would cry and scream when we put him in there. So we took off one side (we're still waiting on the back-ordered converter piece to come in from the company), and guess what ... we were right.  He loves his crib now.  He naps in there during the day (we put a pool noodle on the edge under the fitted sheet to prevent him from rolling out ... thanks pinterest... until the converter comes in).  When he wakes up from his nap he gets up on his own and comes to find us or Rosa.

no, the frames aren't crooked ...
 just appears that way because of my fish eye lens that I'm still learning how to properly use


Paint color is Martin Senour's Linen Weave.  I love how soft and soothing this color is.  Getting ready to paint my master this color also.

I keep his prayer quilts that friends and volunteers made him during and after his open heart surgery on his crib (you can see them draped over the side above).  I cherish those things.  Lots of memories, lots of prayers, lots of thanksgivings are wrapped up in those quilts.

 
my DIY/ Pinot's Palette paintings that I painted with this lovely lady are still hanging in his room

knobs from Anthropologie, chair from Pier One

and the one closet in my house that I'm not ashamed to show you guys.

Linking up again with Kelly's Korner's SUYL series.  Love this link up as it motivated me to get my act together and take recent photos of our little humble abode.



13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

McClain is a champion napper (in crib) but still spends the majority of every night in bed with us too at almost 2 years old. I definitely can relate! Totally looked down on people that coslept pre-baby, and he has been with us since he was 3 weeks old...He pretty much runs the house.

Missy said...

we have been debating converting Parkers bed, but I just know he will get up during the night and empty all his drawers and rip every book in there!

Randi said...

Gorgeous! There is nothing I don't love about this room!!!
And my son, at almost 5, is still in our bed...but as you say, we have to sleep one way or another!! No judgement here!!

Erin said...

Wow, this is a beautiful room! You did a wonderful job!

Emily said...

I especially love the rug. Great room!

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous little boy room!

It must be a Preston thing, because my Preston has never been a sleeper either. NEVER! He's 8 and it's still common for him to wake up at night. And forget about sleeping in during summer break- this kid's up at 6 or earlier on a regular basis! I figure one day he'll sleep, either that or he'll call me from college in the middle of the night!

Jenette said...

Hi Tiffanie! Don't know if you remember me from the office, but I visited your blog from Kelly's Korner:) Small world! Preston's room is adorable! And, our Stella sleeps with us every night too. I gave up the fight too;)

Kristin said...

Our sleeps in a pack n play next to our bed (18M boy). Naps in his room and does it well. ugh, I don't know what to do about his night sleeping! The other night at 3:00AM he fell out of the pack n play and face planted on the wood floor screaming!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

LOVE LOVE HIS ROOM

i'm about to do a blog on cosleeping...i get lots of questions about it....you do whatcha gotta do is my motto!

Jules said...

I sure feel your pain on the no sleeping. B is finally sleeping consistently through the night..... at 19 months :)
Preston has such a cute room!

Mommy Webb said...

Just found your precious blog:). My son slept with us until he was almost two for the same reason - I needed sleep!!!!!!! Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes:).

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Well done solving his sleeping dilemma mom! It's interesting how that little change can have such big effects but they are too small to tell us these things. His room is beautiful and looks like such a soothing and peaceful space for sleep and play!

The Treeces said...

Love this room!! Love your style.