Friday, June 1, 2012

where we live.


I adore Kelly's Korner but have never linked up with her before.

I just saw she was doing a show us your living room link up and it gave me an excuse to take some update pictures of where we live.  I love to decorate and I'm constantly changing things so I want to take annual pictures to save and journal about here on this blog.  We were in our first home just shy of three years.  I didn't take a lot of pictures of our first home.  I regret it.  I have the ones the realtor used when she listed the house (you can see those here), and I cherish those pictures.  It was our first home.  I love that place and all the memories that house holds.
Enough, enough.  Here's our family room, spur of the moment, candid shots so please pardon the mess.

view from our breakfast room and kitchen which is really one open space. I love that I can watch tv or watch Preston play while cooking dinner
walking into our living room from the front door and entry way
looking from the living room into breakfast room and kitchen
my mantel is one of my favorite things to decorate.

We call this Preston's corner.  The Ikea expedit bookcase holds books and frames on the top two shelves.  The bottom two shelves are reserved for Mr. P's toys, books, and his most favorite thing right now... trucks!

I thank God daily that we have a house that we can call our home.  A house to create memories in.  We're blessed.

15 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your space and your first home was soo charming!!! There are soo many elemnets I love, especially the fire mantel!! Great job!!

Hayley said...

I have those same shelves...only 4X4 instead of 5X5. Love, Love, LOVE Ikea. I am in awe of your ginormous coffee table...really ties everything together! Cute.

Missy said...

Obviously I love it, but my favorite part is that handsome little man who made an appearance in a few of those pics!

A Delightful Design said...

You have a beautiful home! Our kitchen is open to the family room and I love it. I especially love how you styled your fireplace!
Abby

The Anglin Family said...

I love your living room! SO homey and comfy! Your mantle looks great;-)

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

No Ikea in Las Vegas but when we were living in San Diego we would go once a month.
You're home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful.
You've done an amazing job!

Allyson said...

Gorgeous space! Can you can finish decorating my house??

Colleen said...

I love it. It's very warm and inviting. Your little guy is adorable!

Happiness Is... said...

It feels so warm and inviting!

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love this space! It is a gorgeous room and seems so inviting! I would love a space like this!

jparsley said...

BeUtiful mantle! Love the room!

Lisa Mende Design said...

I am so happy to find you! Thanks for joining my blog! I look forward to getting to know you better. Your story is so sweet. I have a friend that I want to connect you to. Actually I am a friend of her MIL but their son was born this year with heart issues and has already had a couple of surgeries. It would give her hope to know about Preston's story. May God bless you and your sweet family! Happy Saturday!

Nancy said...

Love your open room! So very pretty!

MeTheMama said...

I love that your decor has alot of personal style and isn't conforming to typical decorating boring-ness! It's so nice to see a bunch of random stuff that goes together so well, thats when you know you're a good decorator ;)
I love your living room! You've done an amazing job on it. (and i'm really picky about these things) lol

Lacy said...

Love your living room!