Monday, July 30, 2012

the olympics and cheating.


Aly Raisman's parents cracked me up in the video below.  I get so nervous just sitting here on my couch, watching a complete stranger compete.  I can't even imagine sitting in the stands watching a family member compete.  No way.  No how. 


Mr. Gherkin is one of those who checks the medal count and the olympic updates every five minutes. It drives me nuts. He leaves no room for surprise. I call it cheating.  Maybe it's not technically cheating,  but it certainly takes the fun out of it. 

It's most annoying when there's a close race, like when two swimmers are neck and neck, and I'm whooping and hollering, cheering on USA, and Mr. Gherkin pipes in, "I know what happens here."  Just by the way he says it I can tell what the outcome will be.  It's so annoying.

I literally just plopped down on the couch tonight to finally tune in to the olympics, he grabs his iPad and brags that he knows what happens tonight.  So I'm 'bout to take this boy out back.  Be back soon.


6 comments:

Kristin said...

HA! loves it.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

First, I love how she spells her name ... it's a rare spelling. Second, I cheat, too! Third, Aly's Mom is very trendy with her red skinny jeans, navy blue USA polo - totally diggin' it :)

Donald said...

In his defense, it'd be nice if NBC was doing live coverage instead of making everyone wait six hours. Since our primetime is late at night in England, they could always replay some of the more popular or spectacular events in the evening.

Oh - and did you see where NBC accidentally gave away a result by showing a commercial congratulating a gold medal to a female swimmer... but they hadn't aired the race yet? (that came six minutes or so later)

Dianna said...

Hilarious! Both the video and Mr. Gherkin!

Megan said...

Newest follower here and love your blog so far! Read Preston's story and it is so amazing!

Also I don't look at what happens. I like to think I am watching it live!!

Amy said...

Love those parents! Too funny!

PS I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award:
http://lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger_2.html