Sunday, July 8, 2012

what's on my mind.


Sitting in church this morning and all I could think about was this ... 

It was two years ago and just a couple of weeks after Preston's diagnosis, I thought I could make it through a church service only to walk in and break down after seeing a little blonde boy sitting in front of us, jon jon on and all.  I cried tears and prayed prayers while wondering if I would ever have that. 

A year later, in the very same church, we baptized Preston.  A healthy, happy, and very much alive Preston. 

And today.  Today, I walked my little jon jon-wearing boy, with blonde-streaked hair (thanks to summer), down to the front of the church so he could participate in the children's ministry. 

What I went through two years ago wasn't easy, but it sure was worth it. 

I say all that to say, if you're reading this and are struggling with something in your life, hold fast.  Whatever it is (divorce, illness, death, substance abuse, infertility, or finances) know this, believe this, cling to this ... 

via


11 comments:

Erin said...

I needed this quote more today than I could ever explain. So, thank you, really.

Jackie said...

I needed this, too. Thank you.

Ryan said...

Amen, girl! This verse has been my favorite since I was in high school, and every time I forget how much power it has, God brings a reminder and a blessing! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lori said...

xoxoxo

Samantha said...

That is my life verse :)
God is good!

Tiffany said...

one of my MOST favorite excerpts from jeremiah! it hangs on the wall above my nightstand!

God has GREAT plans for Preston!
xo

averyswifeliz said...

I needed this today as well. Thank you.
-Liz

Stefenie said...

Beautiful post!

Amy said...

This over tired new Mama needed that. So glad I checked your blog before I went to bed! Thanks, Tiffanie! :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Wonderfully said. I think I often get too caught up in the plan in my head (and certainly did as we waited for W and as we wait for #2). I've become more comfortable turning it over and trusting. In fact, I need that. But sometimes I fall back. Thanks girl!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Awe I live this and so needed this! Vacations are always great fun, but I'm literally exhausted and it was a rough parenting day for sure, no thanks to those Terrible Threes, and 9 month teething!!

Thanks for this and what a blessing sweet Preston is :)