Friday, July 6, 2012

where we bathe.


Let's start this photo-heavy post off with the master bath. Bathrooms are seriously hard to photograph thus the billion and one pictures.

 This is the one room in the house that we definitely want to re-do. So other than adding my personal touches and changing the hardware, this room is the same as when we moved in.  Same cracked tiles, same boring paint, same brass shower.  One day though we'll get it renovated.  Until then, I'll just keep watering that money tree.

looking in the master bath from the bedroom
looking out from the shower
mommy's side of the vanity with my erin condren lucite tray that reminds me to count my blessings .  literally.
toilet area
I love to frame photos that we took back in the day when we used to travel (love you, Preston). This is my photograph of the Colosseum during our trip to Italy 3 years ago.
And a photograph I took in Lake Como while the Gherk and I were enjoying the view and a glass of vino.
Mr. Gherkin's side of the vanity - minus all of his shaving gear.
-----------------------------

Next up, the guest bath which also serves as the "man" bathroom according to the Gherkin and Preston.  I always laugh about that because nothing in this room is masculine.  At all. 

We inherited a gray tile with a hint of pink when we bought this house.  I initially thought it was horrific, but once I got the pink striped wallpaper down and painted the walls Behr Sea Salt, I've decided that I like it.
This room has mega storage which I love, love, love.



Since our budget doesn't allow for nice pieces of art, I created some DIY art that I printed on high quality paper stock and framed.

I have a thing for drying and keeping old rose bouquets. I've mentioned my hoarding tendencies, right?  I dry my roses and then tie them with nice ribbon or burlap in this situation and hang them throughout the house. I sometimes write when and who and for what occasion the flowers were given on a tag so that I'll remember the gesture and the significance.  This particular bouquet was sent to us in July 2010 just after finding out about Preston's heart condition.

Funny thing about this bathroom is that it was two sinks, one in the toilet and shower area and one in the vanity area.  At least you know that we have clean hands around here.  :)
More DIY artwork : fine paper from Paper Source, a free printable found on pinterest (I couldn't find the source at the moment so please share if you know), and Ikea RIBBA frames

Linking up with Kelly again for the SUYL tour.


8 comments:

Cheryl Enlow said...

Pretty bathrooms. I love all your cute touches in the "man" bathroom :)

The Treeces said...

Very pretty bathrooms! I love the sentimental value of the roses! I think it is important to have lovely sentiments in everyroom. Love your mirror as well. :-)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Love your shower curtain!! Where did you get it?

aggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aggie said...

You know...your master bathroom is not that bad. You could frame out the mirror and paint the shower frame oil rubbed bronze or silver. This will make it feel like a new space and allow you to wait even longer for the major redo. There is another blog that I follow and the girl spray painted everything including the faucets and it held up great according to her.

Karrie said...

Great rooms!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Pretty baths Tiffanie. Love all the personal touches :)

Amber said...

Great idea on tagging the flowers!