Friday, July 20, 2012

where we enter.


Technically we don't really enter here most days.  Only our guests (mostly our beloved nanny) enter through the front door.  We usually come in the back, through the mudroom/laundry room.  But who cares about logistics, right?


looking out from the formal living area, which I use as an office, towards the entryway. You can also see Preston's art work wall. 



Bought my first umbrella stand from Zgallerie during a store closing clearance.  Score.
Had to buy my second one at full price after the dog freaked because someone rang the door bell and knocked it over.  Gotta love dogs.

view from the front door.

Don't you love the swanky trim we inherited with the house.  I wanted to take it down immediately, but a friend/contractor made me promise not to.  He swore it be a new trend before long.  I can't say it's trend-worthy yet, but it's grown on me. It's definitely one of a kind, though.
Painting this chandelier has been on my to-do list for 3 years.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I can't decide what color.  What do you guys think?  Oil-rubbed bronze or a fun color like torquoise?  I've got one chance to do it and do it right.  Mr. Gherkin says he's only removing and replacing all those crystals one and only one time.

Linking up with Kelly again for her SUYL tour.



5 comments:

Amy said...

Totally turquoise! :) I want to paint our front door that but Luke won't even paint it one time! lol!

Dani said...

Hi Tiffanie! Stopping by from Kelly's. I love the trim; I think it looks great. The artwork is beautiful. Blessings, Dani

Dani said...

Hi Tiffanie! Stopping by from Kelly's. I love the trim; I think it looks great. The artwork is beautiful. Blessings, Dani

Lori said...

LOVING your pictures. your wood floors are to die for (love the color!)

new follower, please stop on by:
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

I say turquoise, too! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo above the table in your entry way...the one that looks like red trees. Where did you get it? Or is it an original? Your home is beautiful :)