Sunday, August 12, 2012

cherished cedar chest.


I took pictures of Preston with (and in) his cedar chest that my PawPaw built for him.  They'll be in PawPaw's slideshow that will play at his visitation and funeral, but I also wanted to document them here. 

It's beautiful and it smells amazing.



I first posted it about it here on August 11, 2010.  Hard to think that on August 11, 2012 he'd take his last breath.  I'll cherish this thing forever.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.
Phil 1:3


5 comments:

Kristin said...

creepy dates, yo. :)

Alyssa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. What an amazing grandpa to have.

My most treasured possession is my Ma-ma's cedar chest. No one special made it, but as a child, I would spend hours going through everything she had in it, and then would empty it and sit in it. When she passed away 20 years ago, no one questioned who it would go to- they all knew how special it was to me. Today it stores all of my mementos, and of course, my Preston loves to go through it with me. It really is the simple things that make life special- and how great that your Paw-Paw was able to make Preston something so special!

Missy said...

thinking about you friend. love this chest. Something special P will have from his Great Paw Paw!

Queen Bee said...

you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers! so sorry about your paw paw! Hugs friend!!

Ashley Richards said...

It is so wonderful that you have this beautiful chest for years to come as a precious gift from your heavenly Paw Paw.