Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 days: be intentional -- day 13



The daddy is away so today's post will be short and sweet. I actually wrote it last night (shhh, don't tell a soul) and just published it for today just so I could be completely and 100% all there with my little boy today. 



Today,
I want to study his face.
I want to memorize all the little creases over his knuckles.
I want to teach him how to say I love you.
I'll be more intentional about teaching him how to pray.

Today,
We'll pray before we eat.
(thank you for the world so sweet, thank you for the food we eat. amen).

Today,
I'll clean off the green wax off my wall from P's late night graffiti.
Then I'll sit down and color Emmo (aka Elmo) with him in hopes he'll realize that crayon goes on paper only.

Today,
We'll have so much fun that he won't even notice his daddy's not here.

Happy Today.

Happy 1440 minutes that we'll never get back.

We're going to make them count.

image via


P.S. Happy Birthday to my sister!  May you enjoy being the same age as me for the next 18 days. 


No comments: