Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 days: be intentional : day 16



The office and work has been blah lately.  Somedays have been just down right terrible. We all have insight to it.  I'm not saying anything here that we don't already know.   I've just had it up to here (points to very top of head, at hairline).  Largely, it's in part to the conversion to electronic medical records and the getting used to a new normal.  Also, an entire office of women can be like throwing a bunch of birds in a cage ... and they'll just peck at each other and all others that come near their cage.

I enjoy what I do, and I admire and care for those I have the pleasure of working with daily.  I also love the clinic I'm at and the patients that I influence each and every day.  I've been praying for some guidance on how to remedy the situation or at least produce a few smiles this week, and so we're having some be intentional moments at the office this week.  I've got a few surprises in the works for my nurses, and the dork inside of me made some motivational posters that I'm going to print and hang around the office. 

Initially, this read 'your mood should not dictate your manners' but that sounded a bit like I was pointing the finger at others. So I changed it to 'our' because Lord knows I'm guilty as charged. 
The right kind of criticism can go a long way. Much further than the empty and ego-stroking criticism.

Hopefully some motivational words, some sweets and a couple of surprises will help brighten the mood around that place this week.  Something's got to give.
Inside is a Leaves candle from BB&W.  If that doesn't make someone smile, then I don't know what will!
Pumpkin bread and muffins.  Supposedly they're weight watchers friendly.  Well, if you ignore all the chocolate chips I put in them!

p.s.  I'm clearly digging the whole chalkboard background these days.  It's a freebie found here.

2 comments:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Ok, you are absolutely adorable. Good for you for taking action instead of just complaining about it. And the pecking comment. Wow, so true : ) I got a little giggle out of that. Sometimes women can be each other's worst enemies when really we should be building each other up.

Pineapples and Pickles said...

test