Friday, October 5, 2012

31 days: be intentional -- day five.




My intentional act for the day is to slow down, eat, and actually enjoy my food. Sounds weird, huh?

Only a few know that my nickname growing up was "wolf."

Wolf, because, I would literally wolf down my food.   True story!

Pretty much everyone in my family called me that.  Rude!

I'd outgrown this to a certain extent only to find that having a baby brought this out again in the worst way.  I'm not one to do without food ( I like to eat ), so after P was born, not knowing when he'd wake up or be "all done" and want my attention, I started inhaling my food again and I have total insight to it.

I should change that before my friends are too embarrassed to eat with me in public.  So here's to some intentional food-chewing today and this weekend.


read more of my 31 days series here.


2 comments:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I am sooo guilty of this too - especially as of late. Always trying to rush to get breakfast down before the babies get up, or eating dinner after they go to bed but being so hungry that we just scarf it down. I'm always a little sad to spend 45 minutes cooking a meal only to be done in 7 minutes flat : )

taeandashleypark said...

This is me too :( I try to blame it on having a really short lunch as a teacher which is inevitably interrupted at least 3 times but, truth be told, I've always been an inhaler of my food for some reason! Glad to know I'm not alone ;)