Monday, October 1, 2012

31 days: be intentional - day one.



Ignore the fact, that I've read Goodnight Moon too many times to count and that I know the words by heart.  It's his favorite book (probably because there's a jumping cow in it and he loves his cows).  So instead of reading it out of habit tonight, I will share his same enthusiasm and read it like it's the first time I've ever read the story.  

I will not grab my cell phone in the middle of the book to respond to that incoming text.  I will not lose patience when he wants to go back to the jumping cow nineteen times.  I will be intentional.  If this were the last book I'd ever read to him, I'd want it to be the most special.  James 4:14


My 31 days series:  intro// 



1 comment:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I didn't let myself take my cell phone in to BG's room while doing her breathing treatment tonight. I just made myself sit there and listen to her breathe and feel the weight of her in my arms. It was so nice to just be with her and to pray over her. I am already loving this challenge. And love what you picked to focus on.