Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 days: be intentional -- day six.


It's so easy to get stuck in a routine.  Day in and day out, it's the same routine.

I'm home with Preston on Fridays, and I love that opportunity.  I look forward to spending the day with him.  Just me and him.  I also look forward to just relaxing though.  Just me and him.  Now don't get me wrong that's not a bad routine by any means.  Other than going to the grocery store, a bike ride and/or walk, a trip to the park, and a few errands, we usually just hang around the house, wait until Mr. Gherkin gets home, and then head out for a family dinner.  

I adore my Fridays with him but have that desire to plan more just-for-fun activities for the two of us.  Which is exactly why this past Friday we headed to the zoo to ride the train after our early morning bike ride and shower.  

Waiting for the train to pull up.  He's smiling, but he has no idea what's about to happen. 

Mr. Conductor snapped a picture of us.  So glad he did.  Read this if you haven't already. Thanks for everyone who shared it on blogs and facebook. 
This is his "i'm amazed"  and his popped-collar-gone-wrong look. Sorry, buddy, I'll quit popping it.  

Look closely at the shape of his mouth/lips.  He's saying choo-choo (and repeated it no less than fifty times) during the ride. 

read more of my 31 days series here

2 comments:

Shae said...

Thank you, Tiffany, for sharing that article. I need to be in more pics with my babies, too.

Shae said...

Also....sorry for misspelling your name. Oops!