Monday, October 15, 2012

a garden update.


Our trellis is starting to fill out and look like, well, an actual trellis.

Here's the before with the Mister building our trellis.

We planted a total of six medium sized pots of confederate jasmine.  Here's the day we planted them.

Here's the trellis currently.  Definitely still a work in progress, but I'm surprised how quickly the jasmine grew.  I'm sure it will slow down some during the winter, but I expect it'll bloom well in the spring.  Fingers crossed.  We want to add a water feature in between the two center posts come springtime also.


I recently scored these copper fence posts for less than $5/cap.  The site says they're true copper as opposed to cooper plated.  I hope that proves true because I'd like them to patina over time. For four dollars and some change for each, I decided I could afford to just see for myself.




1 comment: