Tuesday, November 13, 2012

artsy fartsy


P and I enjoyed a lazy weekend while dad was away bachelor-partying it up being not so lazy.  I hit up the Nutcracker Market on Friday with a dear friend (hi Megan!) and then spent the weekend lounging and crafting.

Aimee held her 2nd annual favorite things party last week.  I made a pair of elastic hairbands for my favorite, under $5 product.   I use these daily.  My hair is still Preston's comfort item so mine  stays pulled back 99.9% of the time.  Followed this tutorial.


The house smelled of cinnamon all weekend after making these on Friday night.  I have them hanging in the mudroom/laundry room for now (until we put our tree up in a few weeks) and the whole room smells of cinnamon.  So that means an even yummier smelling tree this year.  Followed this tutorial. 


Then for a total cost of $0.25 (the cost of the pennies) I created a little something to fill in an empty wall in the office.  It's totally Anthro-inspired -- spotted in their store at The Domain a few weeks ago.  I'm digging copper these days.



Now, I'm ready for full Christmas mode around here, and boo on Mr. Gherkin's no-Christmas-decorations-before-Thanksgiving policy. 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

pennies! you did it!

Missy said...

look at you being all crafty!! I love the smell of cinnamon and I am loving your penny project!