Friday, November 16, 2012

steel magnolias.


I kind of have a thing for magnolia trees and for using the leaves and branches as decor.  They last forever and they look great indoors.  See.

via

via
via
via
via

Currently we don't have a magnolia tree in our yard, but the Gherkin's been itching to plant a tree in our front yard and I'm definitely starting to think a magnolia tree might be the one we choose.

Of course I can't just walk up and cut off pieces of someone else's tree (cause that would be stealing -- although the neighbors have given me permission before-- but it just feels weird) so I'm always on the look out for fallen branches during our walks.  I found a couple recently. They're small branches, but they make me smile every time I see them. 


Not only are they nice for recycling the branches and leaves, but the flowers smell pretty darn good when in bloom. 

Maybe Santa will bring this house a magnolia tree for Christmas. 

1 comment:

Decora Adora said...

I love steels magnolia . I love your blog!!!