After getting home late on Christmas eve, I threw the ingredients for a breakfast casserole and let it cook all night on low. Lazy? Yes. Easy? The easiest thing ever. Good? Yep.
It was so nice to wake up and be able to spend time with the P-man and the Gherkin on Christmas morning as opposed to being stuck in the kitchen and cooking.
A few people asked for the recipe so here you go.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
1 package (roughly 30 oz) frozen shredded hashbrowns
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
1/2 shredded parmesan
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
sausage (you can either use ground sausage roll, cooked, and crumbled or you can use the fully cooked sausage crumbles like I did)
5-6 sliced green onions
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Layer 1/2 of hash browns on the bottom.
3. Top potatoes with half of the sausage, parmesan, mozzarella, tomatoes and green onions.
4. Repeat layering.
5. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over layering in crockpot.
7. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or 4 hours on high.