Friday, January 11, 2013

and so it begins { the big boy room }.


With a two year old on my hands, I've got the itch to switch (like that rhyme, huh?) Preston's room to a more appropriate toddler room.

He's ready.  He's not in a crib anymore, and I'm happy to announce that Preston has been sleeping most of every night this week in his converted toddler crib without fuss.  This was our first week.  On Sunday I put on my big girl panties, sucked it up and just did it.  He was out peacefully within 15 minutes on the first night.  We were both speechless but I didn't dare breath a sigh of relief that night though knowing things could change in the drop of a hat.  The rest of the week was not quite as easy as he's managed to weasel his way into our bed by about 4 a.m. every night.  

That being said, we're still working on it and I think he's ready for a big boy room.

It's changing daily, but here's what I'm envisioning today --- neutral colors, a pop of red here and there,   and dogs.  Yes, dogs.

big boy dog room1
  
To be honest, it all started with these Rifle Paper Co. dog cards.  I've had my eye on them for a while, and think they'll be super cute framed with a matte in the big boy room.  Thank you, Santa, for dropping them off at my house.  I especially love the dog with the wellies on.


 I never thought I'd be one to choose a theme for his room, but it seems I've gone doggone crazy this time. :)

I'm thinking the paint color will be my favorite --- Martin Senour's linen weave.  Now I just need to find two matching twin beads.   Craigslists, here I come.

And find a rug, which I dread.  Rugs are my least favorite items to purchase.




14 comments:

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

eeek! i love love love the theme!!!

as for big boy room...I AM SOOO NOT EVEN GONNA LET REID KNOW ABOUT A REAL BED

he is a holy terror and i can't imagine him realizing he can get in and out of bed....maybe it will hold him until he's 5! hahaha

Cristi Atchley said...

Oh, I'm loving all the doggy cuteness! All it needs is a golden retriever stuck in there somewhere! *wink*

I know Preston will love his new room! Heck, I would love that kind of room, ha!

Missy said...

It is going to be precious!! We are converting Parks bed tonight! Wish us luck! Cannot wait to see pics!

Jessi said...

We converted JW's bed about 4 months ago. It's been great. Only recently has he figured out how to open the door and come to our room - at least he waits until about 6 AM for that. And we really haven't had any issues with him staying up playing.

Check out RH Baby and Kids - they have a plaid sheet set that I think would look great. We just got some for JW's future big boy room (whenever #2 comes around). They are final sale, but have the brown and red combo you're showing above.

Jessi

Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...

I didn't really post that many times - my stupid computer just thought I did!! ;)

Andie said...

oh how stinking cute is all of that? I love it! Do y'all have a dog? I can just picture preston with a puppy at the foot of his little wooden twin bed curled up with him. :)

Love this. I have always had visions of a madras and classic preppy stuff all over Andrew's room when the time comes!

How did you know it was time to convert? I always wondered how that comes about.

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Precious ideas for a big boy room! C is still sleeping in his crib and will be 2 in a few short months. I am not ready for a big boy room just yet. I dont like to admit my baby is going up. :)

Breann Nash said...

Are you converting his room or leaving it as a nursery for a future Tiny Villasana? ;) (here's hoping for the latter...)

Kristin said...

Love the dog theme! So cute! Will you please come decorate my house! You have such great taste! Five years later and most of my walls are still bare because I am too scared to commit. I need serious help.