Friday, January 18, 2013

weekly ramblings



  • I've managed to tear my meniscus or so they're saying.   I'm now participating in a little physical therapy.  That's going to work, right?  I'm not a surgical candidate.  Mentally, I mean.  I mentally can't wrap my head around any type of surgery.  So if you see me, ignore the fact that I'm not walking like a human for a while. 

  • I've always dreamed of having a kid who when asked if they're ready to go to bed they'll answer with a compliant yes and head to bed.  His own bed, might I add.  I have that right now.  Gherkin wants to know who took his child and when you'll return him.  I know this is only temporary and he'll fight bedtime again in the future, but I'm enjoying it for now. 

  • My friend (hi Christin!) had a pair of these Jolt jeans that I wore while she was visiting a few weeks ago.  I loved them.  The price is right.  So I bought them.  

  • A patient brought us a ton of homegrown Meyer lemons from her tree.  Thinking of making some of this and some of this.  I left my heart in Italy a few years ago, and these remind me of there.


  • Snatched up these big truck pjs from Gap (no longer available) a few months ago.  P wore them for the first time this week. Why big trucks?  Because they remind me of my MawMaw and PawPaw and their trucking company.  Miss them. 




Happy Friday and Happy weekend!


2 comments:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Super cute jeans! I just looked at the link & it said to order a size down - is that accurate you think?

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Yes, order a size down. They run a little big in my opinion and they stretch.