Sunday, January 13, 2013

what's on my mind :: it's raining, it's pouring.


So the sun's been tucked behind rain clouds for the good part of 2013, and I've enjoyed it immensely. 


It's been rainy (with a few days of some fairly cool temps) here in Texas.   It's the beginning of a new year.  The hustle and bustle of the holidays are over, all the festiveness of the decor has been packed away, and the birthday party is done, which usually means one thing ... irritable and depressed Tiffanie.   

This year, though, I feel differently.  


I'm enjoying the rain.  It's almost like it's washing off the oldness of 2012 to make way for the newness of 2013.  Maybe it's just coincidence and timing, but it's almost as if it's helped me slow down just long enough to see just how excited I am about the new year. Plus it's a good excuse to cuddle up inside with my family after the busiest holiday season we've ever had.  And who doesn't love a good excuse to wear wellies?

I'm excited about work this year.  I've taken on some extra responsibility at work which has helped me find some motivation that I was lacking before.  I was unsure at first since it would require a little bit more time away from my family.  I prayed about it, and I've discerned that it's the right decision for me right now.

I'm excited about what the future holds for my little family.  And no, not pregnant, peeps. 

So bring on the rain.  And I'll bust out my wellies (which are juniors --- not  adults --- and for a fraction of the cost of adult sizes.  The benefit to having small feet :)


5 comments:

Dianna said...

Good thing you clarified bc I was definitely thinking baby! I look forward to seeing all of the details from Preston's party!

AmandaDF said...

I'm a fan of rain too...perfect cuddling weather!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who wears kids shoes - one of the only perks of small feet!

Breann Nash said...

That explains why they are a funny length - I thought maybe since I was short mine had to hit my knees :)

Looking forward to more Villasana time in 2013!

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Yes, the juniors are shorter which I think I like better. I felt like i couldn't bend my knew naturally in the adult size.

Jessi said...

It's pouring here in Atlanta today and I had decided I was finally going to splurge on some Hunters. I'll definitely take a look at the juniors. I'm a size 6.... What size did you buy?

Jessi