Thursday, February 7, 2013

CHD awareness week 2013.




I never dreamed we'd be a family affected by CHD.
I never dreamed that we'd come to know and love some many families affected by CHD.
Turns out we're one of those 1 in 100 affected by CHD.






This is a face of CHD.  This is my son.  He's kind of my hero. 


All these heart babies, those still with us and those who sadly aren't, are my heroes. 

I owe it to Preston and all the other heart babies to continue spreading the word and help raise awareness.  CHD is the number one birth defect in the United States.  Here are some scary and brutal stats about CHD.  I've been meaning to share this documentary about CHDs on the blog for a while now.

Team Preston is walking in the  It's My Heart Keep the Beat Walk on Saturday to help raise awareness, education, and support for CHD research.  You can donate by clicking here if you'd like to participate in CHD week.


3 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

your kid is a hero :)

Lauren said...

what a miracle! thankful God healed Preston. thankful for the story that is forever part of y'all. so thankful to see his amazing picture now compared to the one above it.

Andie said...

he is such a little hero and miracle! yay Preston! :)