Wednesday, May 29, 2013

on choosing the name.


Thank you for your sweet and kind words regarding baby girl's name

I was actually kind of shocked about the names that started filling our lists for both boy and girl.  They are not names that I ever thought I'd pick --- you know back in the day when we all dream about having kids and what they're names would be.


Our short list for a boy is above.  I loved Ford. The hubby wasn't sure. In the end, had this baby been a boy, his name would probably have been Pierson.  Pierson and Preston --- that has a nice ring to it.


I had a feeling it was a girl so that list had more names on it than our boy list did.  Of all the names above, our top two choices were Hadley, which we have chosen to call our baby girl, and Pearson.  In the end, we felt Pearson was a little to surname-ish so Hadley it is.  Preston and Hadley --- sounds lovely, no?

A few big appointments coming up in the next few weeks (20 week anatomy scan and then a fetal echocardiogram) has me a little on edge. I keep telling myself we rolled with the punches (through God's grace of course) when we found out about Preston, and if need be we'll roll with the punches again if any come up with Hadley.  I've prayed and continue to pray that they don't though. 


8 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I love the name!!!!!! :D

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I love it!

And now that I have seen your list (even given my ambivalence on whether we are adding a #3), I can't help but fall in love with a few of these names too - Sloane? Precious. Kyle? Love. Greer? Yes. And don't get me started on Ford and Clark. too cute. It's wrong to have another baby just so you can name it, right??? : )

Caroline said...

i love it!

Missy said...

Love it! We cannot wait to meet sweet Hadley!! Praying for you through the anatomy and the fetal echo. I know everything will be perfect!!

Happiness Is... said...

You know I am a huge fan! We had Greer on our list, too. I love the name Ford as well!

Tiffany said...

Ford was one of our top boy names, too! I just love her sweet name ;)

Chasity Munn said...

LOVE Hadley for a girl!

www.hautemommyblog.com

Andie said...

I love the name you picked out. It's so Southern and classic! :)