Thursday, May 2, 2013

why I thought pink.


Still processing the idea of having a girl!

As I mentioned in this post, I was fairly certain there was a little girl growing in there.   Other than just mother's intuition, here's why ::

I felt incredibly different than I did with Preston.

Much more tired this time.

I have a major sweet tooth.  I haven't asked for fried pickles yet this pregnancy, but there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I didn't indulge is some type of sweet treat.

I feel like I'm carrying high and I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that my abs haven't seen the likes of a core exercise or crunch in a long, long time.

ACNE. I've had some major breakouts.

The Chinese gender calender predicted I was pregnant with a baby girl.

My hands have been extremely soft, and according to an old wives' tale soft hands (as opposed to dry hands) = girl. 

I immediately started carrying extra weight in my hips and bum.  I feel like the day I found out I was pregnant, I instantly grew two pant sizes. 

I experienced more nausea this time than I did with Preston. 

My urine was a dull yellow.  TMI, sorry.  Old wives' tale that I found to be true.  

And finally, Preston became pretty clingy with me the past few weeks.  After witnessing P's clinginess (that's totally a word, right?) herself, my nanny declared this baby a girl at the breakfast table one morning.

So there you have it.

I guess I can now share all my favorite pins I've been collecting in a secret board on pinterest.  I know there were some of you who had a close eye on me, especially my pinterest boards (yes, I'm looking at you, Allison H.) in attempt to figure out if it was a boy or girl.  So I kept them hidden until yesterday.

she can totally wear ballet shoes, for fun, anytime she wants // love the kneee patches // all sources found here

 love pink buffalo check window treatments // that dress, I die // all sources here 

3 comments:

The Fields Family said...

This is so exciting! Congrats! My symptoms (and chinese gender chart) are the exact same as yours, so different than the first with a boy. My instinct says girl, but a part of me can't really imagine life with a little girl the way I can with a little boy. We'll find out in October I guess! ;)

rachel said...

How exciting! I am pregnant with Baby #2 but not finding out. I totally relate to your sweet tooth...my latest addiction is Haagen Dazs gelato. Out of control! Oh and I am dying over that dress too! :)

The Smith Family said...

That buffalo check is to die for!