Sunday, June 9, 2013

i'm back


Back from paradise that is.
We spent last week at Watersound Beach in Florida with two other lovely families.  Not looking forward to dusting off those work shoes and heading back to work this week.  Life is better in flip flops. 

I'm slowly going through all of the pictures I took, but here's a sneak peek at two of my favorites.

I love this picture above.  LOVE. One because only God could create something this beautiful, and two because it was a moment I shared with just my son.  I can't remember what everyone else was doing or where my husband was, but Preston and I jumped in the golf cart and headed to the beach one evening. Not sure if it was the pregnancy hormones, the beautiful view, watching my son run and laugh on the beach, or a combination of it all, but I had tears running down my cheeks at one point in during the sunset.  Ultimately, I remember feeling consumed with so much thankfulness for all the blessings in my life. Loved this sweet ten minutes of my life and never want to forget it or the way I felt. 

Then this is my second favorite picture.  We were running their bath water when we walked out and found them hiding in bed, covered in sunscreen, and sandy from head to toe. You can tell by their sweet expressions how much fun they were having.  This picture sums up our vacation --- we had a lot of fun.  Can't wait to document more, and can't wait until we return next year!

#doyourbest2013
(more on that later)


4 comments:

esalisbury said...

Love love and excited for more of your posts on the trip :) and I have to say your posts show what I thought was all of our perfect balances of kid mommy family and group time!!! Can't wait for 2014 - I already started scoping out houses!!!!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Random question - what program do you use to photomark your pics??

Love that last picture of Preston! I can not wait for him to be a big brother to Miss Hadley!

Happiness Is... said...

These are precious. We just love it down there ... I mean, what is not to love?! Mailing your package SOON!

rachel said...

Awww, I have tears in my eyes reading this. :) We just got back from Rosemary, and I had such a similar moment watching my little man take in all the sights and sounds of the beautiful beach and was so filled with thankfulness for that time as our family of 3 before Baby #2 debuts later this summer. Your words are so sweet!