Saturday, July 27, 2013

da bump :: 26 wks




 
I went to see the high risk OB for what I hoped again would be the last time ever.  Wrong.  I will see her again in four weeks.  Hadley's abdomen measured a week smaller, which was a new development.  Truth is the doctor is not really worried about the size discrepancy as she says that rarely do babies grow symmetrically all at the same time.  At some points in pregnancy more energy may go towards a specific organ growth and less towards other parts of the body which can create some asymmetry.   Her main concern at this point though was that my placental resistance was very high with Preston at one point, but the medical team deemed that a response of my body to Preston's cardiac condition. 

Well, my placental resistance was a little high with Hadley yesterday.  So the OB just wants to recheck again in four weeks to make sure the change in her growth is in no way related to any placental resistance.

This has been such a great pregnancy, and I pray it continues to be a smooth and easy pregnancy. Truth is I've spent much of this pregnancy fearful that the other shoe would drop.  One friend said she thinks I have PTSD from my pregnancy with Preston. I hope this isn't my fear coming true.  

On the bright side, I get to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks and until then I will remain always of good courage (2 Cor. 5:6).  Miss Hadley would not show her face for any pictures yesterday.  The tech was laughing because no matter how hard she tried to move her, Hadley kept her face and profile buried in the placenta and uterine wall. She's still breech and very much transverse.


Pardon the paci above.  He had just hit his head and wanted his paci.  I selfishly seized the moment knowing that he'd actually let me hold him for a change for a photo op.


4 comments:

Paige said...

You look so great! :)
Praying for your good news!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I'm loving your bangs, Tiff!!!

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

you look fabulous, momma!
praying for continued good news!

Breann Nash said...

I will keep you in my prayers!
As far as the Paci goes, we cut holes in Logan's and he eventually just shoved them on the other side of his bed and has only asked for one once in the last 3 weeks.