Saturday, October 5, 2013

36 week update


Caught myself in the reflection of the door while doing laundry tonight, and after an eventful Friday (see below) I grabbed my phone and quickly snapped a picture to document what could be the last few days of my pregnancy. 


I went to see my high risk OB on Friday for my two week follow-up.  I pulled up and snagged a parking place right.up.front.  Like right next to handicap parking.  This never happens. When I walked into her office I was astonished to find that there was no one in the waiting room.  NO ONE!  This never happens --- usually there are people everywhere.  It was so bizarre.  I exchanged texts with some sweet friends who also both frequented her office in the past and wanted to know if the rapture possibly occurred and I was left behind. 

Anyhow, it was too good to be true.  My luck ran out as she told me that my amniotic fluid is lower and that Hadley's growth is slowing down as a results (she has been in the 34th percentile and now it's in the 27th). I asked her if she thought Hadley was ok and she assured me that all seems ok with Hadley and this is just my body, my placenta. 

I then asked her if Hadley would be better off outside of my body at this point.  She said "no, not yet, but we are almost to that point."  

She then sent me to the hospital for some monitoring to be sure that Hadley wasn't compressing her cord due to my fluid being low.  The testing went very well and her heart rate remained steadily in the 140s and higher with no dips.  

She told me to be back again on Monday and come fasting in case we need to have a baby. 

Soaking up what could possibly be my last few days of being pregnant and of my sweet P being my only child. 

Thanks for bearing with me while I document these last few bump shots and sweet, last memories.

Friday's monitoring in L & D. 


My room held a view of Texas Children's Hospital where my sweet P was born exactly 2 years and 9 months ago to the date. 



I only stayed a little over an hour, but I'm not going to lie, I would've easily stayed longer.  The room was so nice, quiet, relaxing, and peaceful. 


Guess we'll know more on when Miss Hadley will arrive on Monday.  I know that God already knows when her birthday will be --- now I just wait on Him to reveal that to me. 

3 comments:

alfred said...

You desperately want to find the right gift that will not end up at the bottom of the drawer: if you have a few wine connoisseurs on your shopping list this Holiday Season, here is a unique idea for a useful and unique wine lover gift.

wine decanters

Jules said...

Praying for you and Miss Hadley!! Please keep us posted! Can't wait for you to hold that sweet girl!

Dianna said...

Praying for you, sweet Hadley, and your doctor to make the best decision for you all.