Tuesday, November 5, 2013

halloween 2013

Back in the summer, I asked Preston what he wanted to be for Halloween.  He, matter of factly, answered a choo-choo.  What? How do you dress up as a choo-choo?  There are some Thomas costumes out there, but I couldn't find a size less than a 4-6 and I knew that would swallow my shrimp of a guy.  

I kept asking him if he wanted to be Buzz LightYear or a choo-choo (in my mind I already had Buzz's outfit planned).  A choo-choo was his answer each and every time. So a choo-choo he was. 


So a choo-choo he was.  Thomas to be exact.  Pinterest saved the day.  I searched Pinterest and found a few tutorials for how to make a train out of a cardboard box.  It took me about 6-8 hours that I spread out over a few weeks and finished the night before Hadley was born.  Talk about good timing.  (although I did have to make a few touch ups closer to Halloween).


I wasn't sure if he would wear the box the entire time so I ordered striped overalls and bought a conductor hat and bandanna for him to wear underneath so that he would still be in costume if he took it off.  I was quite impressed because he wore it most of the first night (we trick or treat two nights) before taking it off and then we got an hour out of it the second night before he took it off and decided to run light a mad man from house to house.  

above :: trick or treating with our sweet church friends the night before Halloween // love this tradition


Preston grasped the concept of trick or treating this year as seen below.


On Halloween day (and my 34th birthday) Kristy, aka the baby whisper, came over for Miss Hadley's newborn pictures. 



In keeping with tradition, we trick or treated with the other kiddos on the cul-de-sac on Halloween evening. 


I promised Aubrey (the candy corn witch) that she could hold Hadley on Halloween. She did not forget.  We made sure we were out there early so this sweet girl (and future babysitter) could hold Hadley. 




these two have a thing // love the look on Preston's face





 Preston refused to take any pictures with his family this year, but he did  have a thing for suckers. Apparently he opened every sucker he got immediately, took a few licks off each one, and then threw them back in the bag.  Holy sticky mess!

What an awesome October it was!! It could not have been better.
Christmas music is playing on my spotify as I type this.  So good bye October and hello November! Tis the Season!

2 comments:

emily said...

Great job on the "chooo choo"! That is really awesome!

Glad y'all had a fun Halloween!

Christy said...

I love the Thomas costume!