Monday, December 2, 2013

Fireplace revamp.


It took me four years, two months, and 18 days to convince the husband to paint our fireplace.  Ok, so maybe I don't really know exactly how long it was, but long enough.

Well, on Sunday, he waved his white flag and we painted the fireplace.  I like to say we did it, but really we hired painters to paint it. It was just too much for us to try to accomplish these days.  Heck, we're lucky if we remember to brush our teeth in the mornings.  Just kidding.  Well, maybe only a little.  Somedays it is noon before I realize I haven't brushed.  Total crustiness. 

Anyhow, back to the fireplace.

Here are some before shots ::


Christmas, maybe the year I was pregnant with Preston. 
recent instagram, it just looked dark and blah.

A work in progress ::



The finished product ::




I love how bright and open the room feels now.  We spend all our time in here.  If we're not sleeping then we're in here or in the kitchen, but really it's all one big happy room. It feels less cramped in here now. 

I had a lot of fun decorating the mantel this year. 

A new stocking for Miss Hadley.
A "new" fireplace.
Yes, it was definitely sweet to decorate today.



A new fireplace cover and screen is en route to our house. It has a nice matte, black finish which I think will finish it off. 




4 comments:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Looks great!!! What a special Christmas!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

I love how much a simple coat of paint can change a room. The final product looks great! (And let me second the whole I-forgot-to-brush-my-teeth-until-noon thing. Babies are time consuming!!)

Meg O. said...

LOVE how it turned out! It is so classy and really pops!

Christy said...

I love it. It seems to make your room look bigger also.