Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Preston's Home Depot Birthday

 
We had Preston's third birthday party at Home Depot.  I've read about a couple of parties online so I called around one day and found that our Home Depot was more than happy to host Preston's party.  We were their first.  First of many, I hope.
 
invite by Simple and Posh
 
Home Depot offers free kids workshops once a month. Preston and his daddy have been and they loved it.  So one of the store managers let us pick from left over inventory from their kids workshops so that each guest could build their own wooden craft.  Loved all the parent participation too --- some even ended up with smashed fingers as their kiddos hammered away while they held the nails.  Such troopers!
 
 
 I kept the decor minimal.  Such is life with a newborn. Really, though, Home Depot provided almost everything.  I recycled some left over green table clothes from last year and I reused the big 36" balloons from his second birthday party again this year.  I ordered the yellow hard hats from Amazon and printed a last minute, downloadable, Happy Birthday banner from etsy last minute.  I wanted to hang it from an orange extension cord, but Hadley, of course, decided she was extra hungry and nursed super long when it was time to head up there to decorate so I didn't dare hassle with the extension cord.  My aunt and super helpful niece taped it up instead along with some of my favorite pictures of P throughout the years.
 
Home Depot provided the super cute, mini-sized tool belts for the kids. 
 
cake by Eggleston's Edibles
 
the birthday boy
 
 
 
 Preston made a tic-tac-toe game complete with minion stickers.
 

The kids also got their own Home Depot pin upon completion.


 
 

Here are some of his guests - his very hard working guests. 





 
 

 
These Home Depot employees were awesome!  First of all and more importantly, they helped entertain the kids as well as helped them complete their craft.  Then they didn't let me lift a finger.  They helped serve the pizza and then the cake.  I'm fairly certain that wasn't in their job description, but they rocked it! After having his birthday parties at our house the past two years, I just got super spoiled by these ladies.
 
 

 


 Thank you to everyone who came to help us celebrate.
BIG, huge, ginormous thank you to our local Home Depot for hosting Preston's birthday party!
 
Check out the free kids workshops at Home Depot.  They are the first Saturday of every month.
 
 

7 comments:

Meg O. said...

That is the cutest party! I love it!!!!!

Steph @ Three Loud Kids! said...

This is seriously the cutest party ever! I had no clue that you could have parties there, my sons would have loved something like this!

Jennifer said...

What an awesome idea!

Andie said...

after seeing your pictures on Instagram, my wheels have already been spinning with the consideration of possibly throwing Andrew an HD party. We have been at least 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks and HE LOVES IT there, so now I'm curious if they do it here. LOL

Chasity Munn said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!

Amber Parker Collins said...

Awesome!!!!!

Kristin said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Such a great idea!