Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tried and True :: a few of my favorite things

I was missing my product of the week posts a little so I decided to throw a post together with some of my favorite, kid-related, things of late. 

Preston is in LOVE with these Melissa & Doug sets. I just fill the pen with water and let him have at it. It's resulted in hours of clean, no mess, entertainment. He's specifically loving the Melissa & Doug splash cardscurrently.

available here

Not totally a tried and true yet as I've only had it for a couple of months now, but it's definitely a recommendation.  I was so torn about ordering on of these Go Pod things before we took off for Florida a few weeks ago, but I'm so glad I did.  We used it at the beach.  We've used it out on our cul-de-sac during our neighborhood par-tays, and we've used it in our own backyard.  I love that we can throw it over our shoulders and carry outdoors or throw it in the car to take to our destination --- which I wish were the beach every single day.  I searched high and low for one (no luck at my usual Babies R Us or my trusty ol' Amazon), but was able to score from here. 


I used an aden + anais sleep sack with Preston, and I'm here to tell you that I'm using them again with Miss Hadley.  I could not love these more.  They're lightweight and I love the designs.  You can view all the designs here.  Hadley is actually wearing the ones that Preston wore when he was little which makes me love them even more. How in the world are my babies growing so fast?

   
I'm an organization junkie --- I just love a good system.  I ordered these Land of Nod wire wall baskets back when I was designing Preston's big boy room.  They're great for anything, but I especially use them for those small toys that don't really have a "home" or don't really belong with anything else in his room. When Preston asks where a certain toy is, even that tiny, most random toy that he played with 4 months ago and completely forgot about until now, I can almost 9 times out of 10 find it.  I think it drives my husband crazy, but I take great pride in it.  :)

available here.

Now I know this isn't a kid item necessarily, but I start keeping a Mom's One Line a Day journal after Hadley was born.  I don't just write about Hadley or my memories of Hadley, rather I use it for both of my kids, my husband, myself, and anything I want to jot down about our crazy little life together.  I wasn't sure how it would work out and if I would use it daily, but let's just say that if my house were to catch on fire this would be one of the items I would definitely try to grab.  My most recent entry is how Preston declared that I was his "best friend forever" while we were on vacation in Florida.    


This should be no surprise to anyone as this is most definitely a tried and true for us, we love us some PraiseBaby collection in our house!  Preston would watch it without blinking as a baby (he still asks to watch it even as a 3 year old), but I think Hadley might be a bit more obsessed with it. 





1 comment:

Brittney said...

I have the one line a day book, too. I got it as a birthday gift a few years back and I, too, would grab it in a fire. It's packed with so many memories!