Friday, August 22, 2014

Preschool and DayCare 2014


So after saying goodbye to Ya-Ya on Monday, I packed lunches and backpacks in preparation for Hadley's first day (ever) of daycare and Preston's first day of preschool-3.  This is the first time that both will be in school/day care full time.  I was so nervous about Tuesday, but there were no tears from any of us at drop off.  Hadley seriously didn't even seem to care. 


Preston's best friend is in his class again this year --- those two are thick as theives.  And they'll be playing soccer together this year.  
 

Small world --- turns out that Preston's sweet little teacher used to teach with Aunt Lauren.


I'm also now room mom for Preston's class.  Now, I know that's not terribly exciting but the way I came to this decision is quite exciting.  Here goes ...  P's head teacher e-mailed on Tuesday asking if I would consider being room mom.  On Wednesday night, I was about to write and decline the position because with working full time and some other obligations especially this exciting one, I though my plate might be a little too full already.  Then I remembered that earlier that day Preston's teacher sent out an e-mail saying to check our child's belonging because his assistant teacher's ring broke and her diamond fell out.  So I went to check Preston's backpack and guess what was in the bottom of his backpack?  Said diamond was in the bottom of his backpack! I took that as a sign and accepted the position.
 

 Hadley is one of 8 girls in her sweet little class --- one being her BFF below!





4 comments:

Liz Rotz said...

Matching baby swimsuits? Adorable!m

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Love the back to school pics but the baby bellies in those bathing suits!!!! Stop the cuteness!!!!

Dianna said...

They are so cute! I am glad they had a good day.

Mom to One said...

Cute kiddos! Is it funny how you have yourself convinced not to do something and there's a "God sign" that says "move this way please"? Good luck as room mom!