Tuesday, December 23, 2014

We be believing ... on the Polar Express.


We finally took Preston to ride the Polar Express in Palestine this year.  I do not lie when I say that Polar Express has been his favorite movie for years now --- even in July when it's too hot to even dream about Christmas.  So this was long overdue for our train-loving dude, but the time was right for our family. 






Preston loved every minute.  

He spent a good part of fifteen minutes running up and down the tracks when we got there, his copy of Polar Express for Santa to sign in tow. 





Hadley loved dancing on the table (hopeful that this is not a sign of what's in her future).  And she and I fought over that bow in her hair all afternoon.  


When we got to the North Pole, they turned out the lights on the train before driving through all the lights.  We could see Santa waving to us from outside the train.  Then over the intercom they said, "Close your eyes and make a wish and maybe Santa will come on board."  I looked across the table to see P squeeze his eyes shut for a few seconds.  I have no doubt he willed Mr. C on that train. :)



Mr. C was very intentional with the kids --- I loved this!  He went slow, gave them each a bell, talked to them, and took pictures with them.  Preston later told me that Santa said he was nice. Then Mr. C signed his copy of the Polar Express. I'm telling you this was a dream come true for this little dude. 




We enjoyed hot chocolate and cookies, but we mostly ate the homemade cookies that one of my patients made and brought to us (she lives in Palestine and jumped at the opportunity to come meet my kiddos --- I have the best patients friends).   I love this next picture --- that mug of hot cocoa is bigger than his face but he's determined to do it on his own.



It was such a fun experience, and I'll hold these memories close for a LONG time.  I love Christmas through the eyes of a child.  There's nothing better.


Thanks, Uncle Bubba, for riding along with us.



No comments: